Foodie Finds | Katsu Sora いらっしゃいませ!


Japanese cuisine has sunk it's claws in me and it's never letting go. From the greeting - いらっしゃいませ!(Irasshaimase!) to the ambiance and then food, I was in foodie heaven!


“Sora” means sky, which stands for our promise 
that we deliver premium tonkatsu that will take you 
to new heights, with a wide variety of 
premium options open to you.
~Katsu Sora



Last night we had a family dinner at Katsu Sora. The restaurant was picked because my partners brother loved the unlimited salad bar of the restaurant. And who can resist Japanese food? I know I can't. Hehe


LOCATION

SMBF 
2/F SM City BF, DASA, BF Homes 
Paranaque City 
Tel. No. 9586566 / 09175735536

SM BF isn't a mall that I frequent so I was just following everyone while we were walking to the resto. It being a Sunday, there were a lot of people at the mall, good thing Katsu Sora wasn't as crowded. The place had this "eat-all-you-can" ambiance even if they only had a salad bar, and it had a high end look to it as well. They had a good take on casual dining. The service was great with their accommodating and friendly crew.


THE MENU


















Look how hard it is to choose. I was actually thinking they'd have Ramen but their specialty was Tonkatsu so they have this wide selection of meals revolving around breaded and deep fried pork cutlet. Every Katsu set meals include unlimited veggies, rice and miso soup from the station at the front of the restaurant. Whatever happened to me wanting to get rid of pork from my diet? Or my diet all together? Haha. Tomorrow I promise. Really.

THE FOOD


I ordered the Sakura Pork Tonkatsu Set. It comes with Sakura Pork Tonkatsu, Japanese Rice, Salad, Soup, and Hot Tea. I guess the salad part was the one we had to get on our own. Wait, hot tea? I didn't get hot tea last night. Hmpf. The Salad station had a few choices of veggies - Romaine and Iceberg lettuce, shredded cabbage, corn, tomatoes, cucumber, broccoli, some egg and potato salad, and choice fruits. I made a beeline for the lettuce and cucumbers which I put a good amount of Sesame Dressing. Mind you, aside from my partners version of Tonkatsu, which was awesome, all the others I've tried have either been dry and rubbery or just plain bleh. My Sakura Pork Tonkatsu was so yummy. It was moist and chewy and the egg on top didn't taste malansa. I even surprised myself by liking the miso soup that came with my meal. I don't like miso soup, at all, but this one was pretty good. I love love the taste of sesame on everything I was eating!

THE VERDICT


I got my Japanese food fix without the Ramen. That's saying something from a Ramen junkie. I can't comment on the price because my partners brother in law covered it. But if you checked the menu the price ranges from Php345 to Php675 not including drinks and side orders. Still not bad if you're going on a date (yeah the maarte girl would love the salad, and the real girl would love the set servings..hehe) or a family dinner like what we did. I'm rating this in stars like my book reviews.

ごちそうに感謝します!

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Labels: , , , , , ,