The Pageys (PageHabit.com's official recognition awards)



I am one of those people who never win anything in their lives. I don't join contests, games, or raffles because I knew I'd never win. I had a friend who joins those raffle contests in grocery stores and surprise they win a washing machine, or a dining set; or that lucky co-employee who got an Iphone 6+ in the last Company Christmas party. Is it luck? Are they somehow doing something that I'm not?

What's weird is that I have won something twice within a week of each other. Last July 27-28 we celebrated my new companies 20th anniversary, and they gave away company merch including a cute pouch. So the guy at the registration book gave me my pouch and donut stub and the lady took my info, before I left the guy said, "You should open the pouch". So I did and I found a piece of paper inside. I actually didn't bother looking at the paper because I was thinking it's another raffle. I noticed my team mate opening her pouch and saw there wasn't any paper in hers. I took my paper and it read "Congratulations you have won a Sy***s Merchandise". I think I was in a bit of a daze because I went back to the guy and he told me to write my work email on the paper and HR would just email what the next step. My brain was like, what just happened? I kinda felt the excitement and happiness afterwards. Was that the right reaction when winning something? I seriously don't know.
My phone normally connects to the office wifi whenever I'm there but it's been 3 days that I couldn't. So I got home today, prepared to finally get to sleep after a whole week of work. When I got home my phone automatically connected to our wifi network and then all these Facebook notifications started popping in. I don't usually check Facebook until after I've eaten and showered, so I was eating my breakfast when I saw that someone tagged me in the PageHabit Book Club in Facebook. When I opened it, it was for the 2nd Pagey Awards - and I won Pagey Master!! 


I think my reaction to this was a little faster than my reaction to my first win. I was giddy (No sleep but excitement equals giddy..LOL). I was also on the top 10 contributors in our book club, top 10 posts in our book club, and The most profound use of #PageHabitcares. I'm still thinking - what did I do? I shared what I love, that's what I did.

I got to thinking that we were all winners in the PageHabit Book Club. We have our books and we get to read. If I've been prolific in using the #PageHabitcares hashtags it's because I wants kids in Africa to get books, read, and widen their world.

I have not gone to sleep yet, 16hrs and counting. I still feel the euphoria. I even made a badge for the first winner and the next winners.


Head on over to PageHabit Book Club in Facebook and join other book dragons share our love for books and reading. Like my post? You can leave you comments below. 

Labels: , , , , ,