Home Cookin' | Pinoy Style Spaghetti on a Budget


We Filipinos love our Sweet Spaghetti Sauce. Just check out all the reaction videos in youtube from Foreigners who are trying out either the home cooked version or the Jollibee version of this spaghetti recipe. On one video I saw, they said it reminded them of grade school cafeteria spaghetti and how it's become a comfort food reminding them of carefree days. Yesterday (September 20) was my teenagers 15th birthday and he didn't want any take outs or fancy cooking. If you are from a Filipino family there will always be more than cake when celebrating a birthday. So I made him my own version of the Pinoy Spaghetti on a budget. If I could invite Sheldon over for dinner he'd love this recipe.

Beverly Hofstadter: 
Do you suppose you would have flourished 
more in a more reward-based environment?
Sheldon Cooper: 
Perhaps. But my mom made me 
spaghetti with chopped up hot dogs 
whenever I wanted, so who cares.
- Big Bang Theory



RECIPE
=============================================================

Pinoy Style Spaghetti on a Budget

=============================================================

Note: I mentioned up top that I was on a budget, my pay is next week so I don't have much to make this how I normally would. I used ground Chicken because that was cheaper than Ground Pork or Beef but if I has my way I would actually use Purefoods Corned Beef. It tastes the same as Ground Beef but my Partner insisted I use Ground Chicken instead. It works either way.

Labels: , , , , ,