South of the Border PH, Book Club

We are the Southies
and We love to read.

________________________________________

I've never been part of any book club growing up. It's a little lonely when the only other avid reader I know is my mom. Eventually I became a member of online book clubs like Pagehabit Book Club, The Owlcrate Society, The FairyLoot Club - all either US or UK based, and one local group Book Club PH

I was fine with that one local book club but the members are from all over the Philippines and we wouldn't really be able to meet each other. So I, along with two fellow Pageys who lived close to where I lived, we decided to create a book club specifically for book lovers who live in the south of the Metro. For my readers in the Philippines the places would be Makati, Taguig, Paranaque, Pasay, Las Pinas, Muntinlupa, Cavite, and Laguna. If you are from any of those places come and join us. We currently have 49 members...wait we are already at 49 members? LOL. I didn't see that until I check just now. We do have active members and those that are just watching from the background.

Facebook: South of the Border PH 
IG: @southoftheborderph



The Admins




The Book Club


So, we had our very first Meet Up and book discussion last October 29,2017 and boy was it fun. 


There were 13 of us in our first meeting and our BOTM was Origins by Dan Brown. Not a bad turn out. We were discussing the book like it was nobodies business. haha.

October Book of the Month



We did book swaps with Kuya Ramil.


And of course, the giveaways!


I was thinking we'd maybe spend an hour to an hour and a half with the first meet up but we ended up talking for almost 4 hours. It's so fun to have people who love books as much as I do and we could meet and discuss to our hearts content.

________________________________________

In a few more days we will be having our second meet up and out BOTM is Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman.

November Book of the Month




I know this book club is a success and I would like to thank Pagehabit for inspiring us to create our own community of book lovers. 

Are you from the Philippines? Do you work or live in the South of the Metro? Come join us at South of the Border PH.


Labels: , , ,