The Liebster Award 2017

So I've been blogging on and off for the past 10 years. I say on and off because there are times when life completely gets in the way and I tend to neglect and then eventually abandon my blogs. I only just started this blog in March of 2017, and I am serious when I say I am going to keep writing in it and sharing my world to others.

I have seen The Liebster Award before and never really knew how a blog got nominated for it or win the award. I was pleasantly surprised when I got a nomination from a fellow blogger in Twitter.


Before I tell you what The Liebster Award is, I want to thank Susie of 40andholding.com for the nomination for The Liebster Award 2017. You can check out her amazing blog here.

So what is The Liebster Award?

After a quick Google search here is what I found:

The Liebster Award 2017 is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.

What to do if Nominated for The Liebster Award?


The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award (c/o Google)

If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:

1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.

2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)

3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.

4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.

5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)

6. Create a new list of questions for the bloggers to answer.

7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:

8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)



Here are the Questions from Susie @40andholding.com


1. What has been the biggest challenge you’ve faced since starting your Blog?
It has always been time. I rue that days when I have to go to work. I wish I got paid to do what I love, which is reading my TBR and writing in my Blog. Eventually I'd love to write my own novel but I'm not sure how to do that on top of having an 8-5 job. 
2. If you were going to a desert island and could only take two things with you, what would you take?
I would take my favorite book (I'm still debating if it's The Little Prince of Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone) and a thick notebook that comes with a pen or pencil so that I can write. That's still considered 1 item right? LOL 
3.Where do you find inspiration for your Blog content?
Mostly my books and my every day life being a mom and a partner. 
4. Do you have Pets & if so, what are their names?
We have 1 furbaby and his name is Max. He responds to Max! Maxie... or Bubba.. 
5. Coffee or Tea?
Coffee every time. 
6. What is your favorite movie?
I'm not much of a movie person so I don't have a "favorite" per se. But I do enjoy watching Sci-Fi and Superhero movies like Star Wars and Wonder Woman. I also loved the movie of The Little Prince. 
7. What is the last book you read?
Coral and Bone by Tiffany Daune 
8. If someone offered you an all expense paid trip to anywhere in the world, where you would you choose to go?
One place only? Dang it. I'm choosing between Greece or Russia. 
9. What goals do you have for your Blog for 2018?
More articles covering a wider range of topics. Maybe get my blog recognized somewhere. But basically to just keep writing. 
10. Name your favorite Dessert or Sweet Treat.
Anything chocolate and I'm in heaven. 
11. How much time do you spend a day on Social Media activities related to your Blog (Instagram, Twitter, etc.) 
About a couple of hours each day...or more. LOL

Random Facts About me: 


And now for the bloggers I am nominating for The Liebster Award.

@Firstbooklove

@descendantOPR

@jao_chris

@scrapaperdoll

+Gemma Jackson 


I had so much fun doing this post. To the bloggers I nominated, you are not really obligated to accept the nomination. In case you do accept, here are the 11 questions I want to pass on:

1. If you could have only one meal for the rest of your life what would it be?
2. On a similar note, what would be your last meal on Earth?
3. If you could have a superpower what would it be?
4. What annoys you the most in life that other people do/don’t do?
5. What’s your favourite movie?
6. If you had to dress up in fancy dress, who/what would you be?
7. What’s your biggest weakness?
8. Favourite exercise and why?
9. If you could go back in time and tell yourself something when you were at school, what would it be?
10. If you could only RACE one distance ever again, what distance would it be?
11. If you could be someone else for a day, who would you be?


Passing on the blog love. 






Labels: , , , , , ,