Mail Time | Unboxing Part 2 - The ARC

It completely slipped my mind to bring a bag big enough to carry the 2 book packages I got. So I was walking from the post office to where I can ride public transportation (Jeepney) to get home, and I was lugging around these 2 boxes. People were kinda staring at me but I didn't care because I finally had my books. Like I promised here is the part two of the bookish mail I got on Monday.
I've been envying bloggers (and vloggers) who are sent stuff like ARCs (Advance Readers Copy) or any kind of stuff they can review on their blogs or vlogs in Youtube. So one day I decided to get a grip and ask some authors if they would send me an ARC. All this time I've been getting E-ARCs, this is my first Paperback ARC book and I am in book and blogger heaven.

What did I get? 



This was the first thing I saw when I opened the box. I thought it was a post card but it was blurb instead. First impression after I unwrapped the bubble wrap? This book looks gorgeous.



OMG the Author signed it!

I have never been to any book signing nor have bought signed copies of books. Yes I kinda live under a rock called the Philippines and my Fave Authors have not been here and signed books are not so common.


Who is the Author?
          Armand S. Baltazar was born 1967 in Chicago’s North Side, not far from the famed Wrigley Field. Always keen on drawing and painting at an early age, his parents encouraged his talents with trips to the Art Institute of Chicago. He pursued formal training first at the Art Institute, then later graduated from Northern Illinois University with a BFA in Advertising Illustration.
          Unable to find the right fit in Chicago’s advertising market, he traveled west to Phoenix Arizona. There he would work as a contributing editorial artist for The Arizona Republic’s Perspective column and work as a freelance illustrator. His quest to grow as an artist led him to California to attend the Art Center College of Design. There he would earn a second BFA in Illustration and find new focus for his talents.
          At school Armand found a great passion for narrative painting. More simply, pictures that told a story with feeling and design. This would lead to a natural path...film.
Armand began his film career with DreamWorks SKG Animation then later with Walt Disney Feature Animation and Image Movers Digital. Currently he calls Northern California his home and is a Senior Designer for Pixar Animation Studios.
             Armand works in both film and fine art, exhibiting in and around Los Angeles and San Francisco. He occasionally teaches and speaks at universities around the country.
           On his free time he can be found landscape painting and snowboarding, usually not at the same time. Armand shares his adventures with a wonderful and talented wife and son who both support, share, and accommodate his creative passions and in so many ways inspire them.
Credits Include:
The Prince of Egypt, The Road to Eldorado, Spirit Stallion of the Cimmaron,
Sinbad, Shark Tale, Flushed Away, The Bee Movie, Princess and the Frog, A Christmas Carol, and Cars2.
If you want to know more, visit his website at www.armandbaltazar.com

Would you look at that art?

Since this is an ARC it is indicated in the cover that the Final book would be in full color. I could already see some pictures on the book cover which were in color, So I was imagining what the rest of the final illustrations be in the actual published copy.

 

And look what I found on Chapter Two!

I'm not totally clueless about what this card was but I was wondering if the author put it there intentionally or by mistake. I am now using the card as a bookmark. Maybe I can Google more information about the card.


________________________________________________________

I'm already at Chapter 5 with this book and I'm liking it so far. My book review will, of course, have to wait until I finish reading. If you want to purchase Armand's book you can head over to Amazon now and get it.

I'm overwhelmed that an author actually sent me a hard copy of his book in advance. How cool is that? Now I want more bookish mail ~ bookish items like the ones in the a Pagehabit Unboxing posts here or here, and of course ARCs and Signed Books. If any one wants to send me stuff just send me a DM in IG (www.instagram.com/cliste_bella).








Labels: , , , , , ,