Book Events | Big Bad Wolf Books Book Sale Preview Day



I was one of the winners of Big Bad Wold Book Sale's Preview Day Golden Ticket Pass, and of course I had to take time off work to document the gloriousness of books and the fact that they are on sale. Big howl thank you to Big Bad Wolf!  Awuuuuuuu!


I mentioned in my previous post about the Big Bad Wolf Book Sale, that the sale is running from February 16-25, 2018, 24 hours a day and the entrance is free. Books are discounted from 60-80% off their regular price. 

I love these lights.


Look at all these lovelies. It was soooo hard to choose.


                                  


I was supposed to get to the venue early but, as life would have it, I woke up late. I got there around 11am and there were already  people outside with books they bought. 

Here are some of my recommendations for those who are hitting the sale:

1. If you are on a budget, bring exact cash and maybe a little extra for fare and food. I only had a certain amount of cash on me (to avoid spending all my money). And for the books I got it was well worth it. It only felt like paying taxes again. (I give this one to the TRAIN Law)

2. Wear comfy clothes and rubber shoes or sandals. You are going to be walking around choosing from so many books that span so many isles. Be nice to you feet. No one is going to be minding what you're wearing either. 

3. Eat first or bring a small snack. I ate before I left home but my plus one hadn't so he was a little cranky while I was quickly scanning the shelves. I was browsing the shelves so fast I just picked up what I wanted, quickly read the blurbs of what caught my eye and we were out of there.  I didn't see any sign that said we couldn't bring food inside so I guess snacks will work. 

One good thing to note as well are the 42 cashiers who can assist buyers ring up their purchases - cash and credit/debit cards are accepted.


~MY 1st BOOK HAUL of 2018~


I got 10 items for the amount I would have paid my taxes with. This is soo awesome. Some of these are hard bound and some soft bound. Prices range from Php230 to Ph190. The Batman Mobile kit is my babe's. I was also able to get 3 Nancy Drew books that had these awesome covers. I'll need to do a bookstagram post for them soon.

So, fellow bookworms. Mark your planners and head on over to one of the biggest book sales ever. You never know, you might meet the Big Bad Wolf himself. 






Labels: , , , , ,