Book Review | Hero at the Fall (Rebel of the Sands #3) by Alwyn Hamilton

“You and I, we’re going to get tomorrow, and the next night, and a thousand nights after that. For now, it can be enough that I am yours.” He kissed me gently. “All that I am I give to you, and all that I have is yours.” 
― Alwyn Hamilton, Hero at the Fall
______________________________


Hero at the Fall 
(Rebel of the Sands #3)
by Alwyn Hamilton

Once, in the desert country of Miraji, there was a Sultan without an heir.

The heir had been killed by his own brother, the treacherous Rebel Prince, who was consumed by jealousy and sought the throne for himself.

Or so it was said by some. There were others who said that the Rebel Prince was not a traitor but a hero...

In the final battle for the throne, Amani must fight for everything she believes in, but with the rebellion in pieces, and the Sultan's armies advancing across the desert plains, who will lead, who will triumph, who will live and who will die?

______________________________



I have had my eye on this book since I saw the list of much awaited books coming out in 2018. And boy I was not disappointed.

This is the 3rd and last book in this series (this makes me sad but at the same time satisfied that it's not dragged out) and it shows how far Amani has developed as a character. From a very selfish, and should I say ignorant, girl from the edges of their civilization to a woman who has discovered herself in her powers and the people she has learned to love and have grown into a leader she didn't realize she was capable of being.



I was less than half way through the book when I realized there was going to be a lot of heartbreak in this last book but that plot conclusion was strong albeit a little predictable. Along the way, the characters development and world building kept me reading until I finished the book in like 4 hours. 

The only thing I probably did not like was the unnecessary death of one of the characters. All in all, this was a good series and recommended read to anyone who loves fantasy and adventure.

Thank you Alwyn Hamilton for giving us the chance to be part of Amani's world.


Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐


____________________________________________

Thank you for dropping by. Tell me what you think of the post. 
Click on the follow button to the right to get more awesome content.




____________________________________________

                        

Labels: , , , , ,