Bookish Musings: The Mood Reader



In Literature, Mood is defined as the general feeling or atmosphere that a piece of writing creates within the reader (nerd alert!). This is also felt during and after reading a work of literature which elicits what the author's goal for their readers. Mood reading on the other hand are types of readers. If you are a reader then you probably know what I'm talking about.




Essentially there are 2 types of bookworms (there is more than one??) - the people who have preset or scheduled books to read in a certain time frame, and those who read anything on a whim. I have read other blogs discuss this and from their description I am a full fledged mood reader.



I remember being a small kid in the late 80's and there was a time when mood rings were a rage (again?). Mood rings that contain a thermochromic element, such as liquid crystal, that changes colors based upon the temperature of the finger of the wearer. Most new rings come with a color chart indicating the supposed mood of the wearer based upon the colors indicated on the ring. [1]


If mood readers had a ring it would have more than a handful of colors. LOL.

CHARACTERISTICS OF A MOOD READER
(Specifically me, but you might be able to relate)



So those are some of my characteristics being a mood reader. I'm not sure if most of those are actually me being moody as a reader or as a woman. Haha. 



Are you a mood reader like me or do you have schedules you stick to?

____________________________________________

Thank you for dropping by. Tell me what you think of the post. 
Click on the follow button to the right to get more awesome content.







Labels: , , , , ,