Foodie Finds | Scrapes PH, Robinsons Place Las Piñas

It's always ice cream o'clock somewhere.

There are only 2 seasons in the Philippines - wet and dry. During the dry season we have 2-3 months of summer where kids are done with school, beaches are full, and it's time for cool snacks like Halo-Halo and Ice Cream. People will always gravitate to Ice Cream shops and Coffee shops or the auntie selling on the side of the street to get that cooling sustenance. 


Whenever me and my family crave for ice cream it's either we buy them in tubs or go to malls a little far from us just to get them. The mall near us (Robinsons Las Piñas) did not have any Ice Cream offerings aside from the ones one can get in Jollibee (which I kinda don't like). That was until a few weeks ago when Scrapes PH opened their newest branch.

LOCATION

Robinsons Place Las Piñas
2nd Floor Robinsons Place Las Piñas, 
Barangay Talon Uno, Las Piñas City




THE FOOD Ice Cream

Scrapes boasts a wide range of flavors from Cookies and Cream to their newest mix Crazy Melon Crunch for Php120 ($2.31) per serving. But theirs is not your typical scoops of ice cream.



This is what's called stir fried ice cream which may trace it's beginnings here in Asia in Thailand in 2009. Stir-fried ice cream, or "ice pan" ice cream, is a dessert made on a steel plate chilled to below freezing.  It was really fun to watch them mix, freeze, and scrape the ice cream into rolls of goodness.


Scrapes boast - The healthiest ice cream in the market with 90% LESS SUGAR content but still retains the creamy goodness of ice cream that everyone loves.

I actually asked them about this and they were so nice in explaining that the cream they use to make the ice cream is sugar free and the other 10% of sugar comes from other ingredients added on to the cup like fruits, chocolate bits, caramel sauce, etc. This is the perfect ice cream for diabetics like my babe or those who are in a diet but still want that cool dessert (not me..I don't think I can get on a diet even if I wanted to haha). 



THE VERDICT

Mind you I am picky when it comes to my ice cream - I don't like anything with nuts and I hate cookies and cream (and Matcha...). I was watching them make our order and they put corn flakes in the cream mixture that ended up ground. We ordered their newest variant which is the Crazy Melon Crunch and I loved it. The crunch worked with the smooth ice cream. 


Yeah sure some ice cream places might be cheaper but who can compare the decadent combination of the stir fried ice cream with natural ingredients? Me and my babe loved this and we are confident to say move over DQ, we have found a new favorite.

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐


____________________________________________

Thank you for dropping by. Tell me what you think of the post. 
Click on the follow button to the right to get more awesome content.




____________________________________________



Labels: , , , , ,