Fully Booked Free Comic Book Day 05.05.2018


And it is that time of the year again when I am extra dorky, line up with some younguns (oh yeah there were people of all ages there) for the free comic books the Full Booked gives out. This year I was able to get the extra day off at the office so me and the Boo were able to go to the big branch that gives out more than 1 comic book.



I wanted to get to the bookstore early because they had an early bird promotion for the first 3 people they would get 1 copy each of all the available comics, a Fully Booked Tote bag, and some other stuff. So I woke up at around 3am, played Hogwarts Mystery, had breakfast, and then eventually got to the bookstore at around 8am. The line was already 2 blocks long and it was coiling. Some of the early birds even bought small plastic chairs for the wait time. Good thing the bookstore thought of giving out tickets. I think there were roughly around 1000 people there this morning. The weather even cooperated - it was downcast the whole day.


This is why we go to the big branch. Look at all those free comic books. And like I keep mentioning, I love free stuff. LOL. By the way, we also got free iced tea from The Halal Guys, perfect for the muggy day.


This years haul. 

Lookie that, I also got a Php50 ($0.97) discount on the Janus Silang graphic novel, which I am "forcing" my teen to read. LOL. I had to avoid some floors (yes it's a building of books) of the bookstore so that I wouldn't drool on the awesome new releases that I want. *sigh* 

After the even my Boo and I decided we wanted to roam around the area. Where we went will be on my next post.

____________________________________________

Thank you for dropping by. Tell me what you think of these books. 
Click on the follow button to the right to get more awesome content.











Labels: , , , ,