Going Places | Summer Lovin'


Summer Means Happy Times, Good Sunshine, and Stunning Sunsets.
____________________________________________

Just before the actual summer season ends it's nice to take a break and head to the beach for one last hurrah in the sun. I'm grateful to have gotten 3 days off work on top of my 2 day weekend to get out and get a little sun and relax. I even got a tan! Hehe.


The Roadtrip

Our roadtrip started at around 4am. We had to leave the metro early because our cars plates were under coding that day. We then stopped at the nearest gas station by NLEX (North Luzon Express Way).




We found this man made lake behind the gas station. Since our hotel check-in was 2pm we had a lot of time to kill. Viola with the selfies. hihi.


The Hotel

Icove Beach Hotel
RH 5 Subic Baraca National Hwy, Olongapo, Zambales
Tel. (047) 252 9978
http://www.icovesubic.com/


We still got to the resort hotel early but they allowed us the run of the resort while we were waiting for 2pm.



I could not wait to jump into that pool and the ocean beyond.


The hotel let us stay at our rooms early!




The resort didn't have the feeling of other hotels where everything is posh and breakable. It felt like a small home with a really friendly staff (especially the ones at the bar). I had much to say about the lack of assistance from the security guard that they employ but I guess I can't have everything. 

The View


Of course I had to go to the pool first then we took a leisurely walk down the beach when the sun wasn't too high anymore to burn us to a crisp. Our first day was quite eventful when there was a short rain pour and a man got hit by lightning at the neighboring resort.


 

Even these puppers are enjoying the beach life. 






      


        

        

        




At the old Pier




With the Teen


It's not just a sunset; it's a moonrise too. - P.C. Cast


The fact that I'm plus size has not stopped me from wearing a swim suit and enjoying myself at the beach. Sure I get stares but I love myself and being fat isn't what makes up the entirety of who I am. Spending time with family and getting those magnificent view is all that's important. That ends our first day at the resort.

After our complimentary breakfast on our second day at the resort it was time to soak up some sun and get more pictures for posterity. I still have the sunburn left over from this trip. LOL.



The tide was higher and we couldn't comb the beach anymore


Mermaid Life!


These crabs were still alive. I could only take a picture because eating these would literaly kill me. Allergy sucks.


I didn't want to leave. I wish I lived near the ocean or maybe make more than enough money to actually be able to travel as often as I want. These trips will always be remembered and will tide me over to the next time I'd feel like life is too overwhelming.

As I am writing this, summer in the Philippines has already officially ended and I am loving the cooler weather. I don't mind that it's always pouring rain. Summer is just beginning on the other side of the world. How will you be spending your summer? 

____________________________________________

Thank you for dropping by. Tell me what you think of the post. 
Click on the follow button to the right to get more awesome content.









Labels: , , ,