Book Review | A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas


“To the stars who listen, Feyre.
To the dreams that are answered, Rhys.” 
― Sarah J. Maas, A Court of Frost and Starlight



A Court of Frost and Starlight
(A Court of Thorns and Roses #3.1)
by Sarah J. Maas

Hope warms the coldest night.

Feyre, Rhys, and their close-knit circle of friends are still busy rebuilding the Night Court and the vastly-changed world beyond. But Winter Solstice is finally near, and with it, a hard-earned reprieve. 

Yet even the festive atmosphere can't keep the shadows of the past from looming. As Feyre navigates her first Winter Solstice as High Lady, she finds that those dearest to her have more wounds than she anticipated--scars that will have far-reaching impact on the future of their Court.

______________________________


I read the 3 main novels of the ACOTAR series right after each other and I was at an all time high when I finished the last book. I needed a few more chapters to know what happened after the great battle, how the characters coped with their changed lives. With this novella, I'm getting a sort of closure that sated my hunger for more of the books. And yes I actually want to read more. Maybe a spin off? The story of Nesta and Cassian perhaps, or Lucien and Elain?

I missed reading about the inner circle and their nuances to each other. Surprisingly, this novella actually shows how human they can be. Despite the titles, the power, the kingdoms - they still have to deal with hurts, conflicts, change. It's tied up some loose ends in the last book. I have also read a lot of mixed reviews for this book. C'mon people, it's a novella. You shouldn't expect swashbuckling action in a short in between book. But really, this was one of those reads that would leave you wanting.

Overall, I want to thank Sarah J. Maas for this bittersweet novella that will bridge the 1st 3 books to the next. I cannot wait to read more of their world. I want to see what Nesta has in her and how she will one day be happy.

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
(4.5 Stars!!)

____________________________________________

Thank you for dropping by. Tell me what you think of the post. 
Click on the follow button to the right to get more awesome content.



Labels: , , , , ,