Monthly Wrap-Up | October 2018 | We Are All Mad Here


As I am writing this, it is already the last day of October. This month has been one crazy roller coaster ride but I did promise myself I'd write a wrap up of what went on with myself  (and my blog) every month so here goes.


OCTOBER READS




I started October with a lot good books and these 7 so far have all garnered 4 star ratings. I picked up Books 1 and 2 of the Iskari series by Kristen Ciccarelli when I saw a tweet about dragons and girls burning the world down. I just had to read and I was not disappointed. The Little Prince I have read multiple times, and I just had to read it again for some reason (maybe I needed a reminder of how I perceive what is of matter to me). I got The Archived series by Victoria Schwab and Book 1 of The Great Library series by Rachel Caine to read while I was waiting for Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor to become available, I checked out books with libraries mentioned and these books came highly recommended. Last book I read was Kingdom of the Blazing Phoenix by Julie C. Dao as part of a Book tour which will come out this November (please watch out for it). 

Reading Challenge Status


After reading a few books I am still 10 books behind in my Goodreads Challenge Goal of 100 books this year. I am not giving up. I accept if I fail the challenge, but getting to read books is always a win for me.

Movies

Watching movie is sort of a balm for me when I have anxiety attacks and I am always a sucker for cartoons. I don't go out to the cinemas to actually watch movies, so thank goodness to streaming apps.  The last one I saw wasn't a movie at all, it was season 1 of The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. 



Have you seen these shows? Christopher Robin made me cry and Sabrina was so deliciously creepy I wanted more than the 10 episodes they released for season 1.


In Real Life

  • I finally got some long awaited news about my application for a promotion at work. I'm still a long way from actually being promoted but I know my hard work isn't being dismissed.
  • My health hasn't been the best for quite some time now and I was  just diagnosed with PCOS (Polycystic ovary syndrome) right when I wanted so badly to have a baby. It's made me rethink a lot of things in my life like health and finances. It's not hopeless but the doctor who told me is all doom and gloom and that isn't for me. I try to look at the brighter side of things.  
  • The diagnosis above led to another bad bout of depression and anxiety which made me loose my grasp with my blog and a lot of other things. I was feeling better from last month and thought I'd gotten through the worst of it but that wasn't the case. I'm thanking a lot of people who have reached out to me. You guys have saved me from very bad choices.  

  • Working on my health has me transitioning to become vegan! It's so hard as my family are primarily meat eaters but I am making the effort to change what I eat and the products I choose to buy. My mentor even gave me these awesome Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are so yummy!





My October had it's ups and downs but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was. I hope you enjoyed this months wrap-up! What do you think of the books I read or the shows I've seen. Share your thoughts in the comments below.

____________________________________________



Thank you for dropping by. Tell me what you think of the post. 
Click on the follow button to the right to get more awesome content.

Labels: , ,