Monthly Wrap-Up | December 2018 | Fresh Pages Ahead


It's a little cliche but I always hold on to the idea that a new year is a new page or a new chapter, if not an entirely new book to write in the book/s called my life. For the last month of 2018, I am closing the chapter to a year filled with surprises, blessings, pain, and change. I am a year older and hopefully wiser.


DECEMBER READS




December is my Birth month and it is filled with a lot of work, Christmas parties, and family gatherings. I am thankful I was able to read these 3 books at all. I am exhausted but I still got to read. Yay for The Language of Thorns which is such a gorgeous book. I've read The Hidden Staircase before but I just got this new edition which is so pretty. And finally, Restore Me, which has been sitting in my TBR pile since it came out months ago. LOL. I'm going to get on with the reviews soon, I promise. I want to re-read some of the books I love like the Harry Potter Series. Would that be cheating if I add it to my Goodreads goal?



Reading Challenge Status



This is the 2nd year in a row that I have been able to complete my Goodreads reading challenge - after some adjustments and short books. I think I'm going to lower my goal for 2019 so that I can adjust it higher if I want to. I'm going to set my goal for 2019 at 50. That's a decent number of books me thinks. 



TV Shows and Movies

I blame The 100 for me not being able to read as much as I wanted to this month. I binge watched this series until season 4 every time I get free time and a decent internet speed. I have yet to see season 5. I think I'll do that before I go back to work on the 3rd.



The Crimes of Grindlewald was seen at a theater, of course. I am in love with the Harry Potter universe but this movie gave me mixed feelings. I just kept my eye on Eddie Redmayne (he's just soo adorable). I hope the next one will give us a little more answers than questions. 

I watched the movie Venom when I couldn't sleep on a work week. I got in the movie confused and finished confused. I had to ask my bub what an anti-hero is. Please don't make me explain.



In Real Life






Wand from Fullybooked.




2018 has been a year of some victories and a lot of failures for me, and I wish I could just forget all of the heartache and meltdowns. But I will forever have to live with the demons of my mind and haunted by the ghosts of past mistake. I hope I'll have battle scars I'll be proud to show off when I get older. For now, I am still on the long road to healing.

To my readers, I still have a lot of stuff to write, books to read, and a life to live. Thank you for still being with me on this journey. Maligayang Bagong Taon!



____________________________________________


Thank you for dropping by. Tell me what you think of the post. 
Click on the follow button to the right to get more awesome content.





Labels: , , ,