The N O P E. Book Tag

First book tag of the year y'all! I found this tag while I was looking for random easy posts I could do. It's called the NOPE.Book Tag because we all have those moments when we really say NOPE to something we've read and we just need an outlet to say why. đŸ˜ Ready?


1. NOPE. Ending: A book ending that made you go NOPE either in denial, rage, or simply because the ending was crappy.


I just finished this book and and I gave it a 1 star. Seriously, I was so excited to read about it and then it just veered off completely from what I expected it to be. You can read my short review about it tomorrow.  

2. NOPE. Protagonist: A main character you dislike and drives you crazy.

I am stumped with this one. I' have disliked so many characters that they are all a blur now.

3. NOPE. Series: A series that turned out to be one huge pile of NOPE. after you’ve invested all of that time and energy on it, or a series you gave up on because it wasn’t worth it anymore.

This, and the rest of the series. I was a train wreck which led to another series of wrecks of movies. Sparkling vampire? *Head shaking*

4. NOPE. Popular pairing: A “ship” you don’t support


From the book to the TV series it was all cringe worthy with these two.

5. NOPE. Plot twist: A plot twist you didn’t see coming or didn’t like.

I've read a lot of plot twists that I didn't see coming but I don't think I've encountered any I've really hated.

6. NOPE. Protagonist action/decision: A character decision that made you shake your head NOPE.


It was going so well. As well as driving a car directly into a brick wall. And then the end happened. Yeesh.

7. NOPE. Genre: A genre you will never read.

Horror. I'm too weak.

8. NOPE. Book format: Book formatting you hate and avoid buying until it comes out in a different edition.

As long as I can read I actually don't mind the format. Although I am partial to Hard covers.

9. NOPE. Trope: A trope that makes you go NOPE.


This is my pet peeve. Here is why: It's just too annoying for my taste. I would love to read a book with a badass female protagonist that does not need a romantic side plot.

10. NOPE. Recommendation: A book recommendation that is constantly hyped and pushed at you that you simply refuse to read.

People have now understood that they can never recommend or push a book at me that I do not like. It will just end badly.

11. NOPE. Cliche/pet peeve: A cliche or writing pet peeve that always makes you roll your eyes.

See number 9. 

12. NOPE. Love interest: The love interest that’s not worthy of being one. A character you don’t think should have been a viable love interest.


TAMLIN. I picked up ACOTAR because it was highly recommended and they said it was a retelling of Beauty and the Beast. I hated Tamlin from the get go. He is emotionally manipulative and too clingy.

13. NOPE. Book: A book that shouldn’t have existed that made you say NOPE.

See number 3.

14. NOPE. Villain: A scary villain/antagonist you would hate to cross and would make you run in the opposite direction.

The only people who wouldn't hate her are the ones who have not read or seen anything Harry Potter. Even Voldemort hates her.


15. NOPE. Death: A character death that still haunts you.


Out of all the deaths in the Harry Potter books. His was what got me so bad. Everyone else had a selfish reason for fighting - it could be their family or their loved one. All Dobby ever wanted was for Harry to be safe. Sirius is a close second but his death was anti-climactic.


16. NOPE. Author: An author you had a bad experience reading for and have decided to quit.

Oh I hope I won't have to answer this in the future.


Do you agree with some of my answers?  Which of the questions would you have answered differently? Tagging will be via Twitter. đŸŚ


____________________________________________

Thank you for dropping by. Tell me what you think of the post. 
Click on the follow button to the right to get more awesome content.

Labels: ,