Book Review | The Storyteller (Sea of Ink and Gold #3) by Traci Chee


"Love what's in front of you, right now," she said, 
"because now is all you have." 
― Traci Chee, The Storyteller

_________________________________________

The Storyteller 
(The Reader Trilogy #3)
by Traci Chee
Published November 13th 2018 by G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Sefia is determined to keep Archer out of the Guard's clutches and their plans for war between the Five Kingdoms. The Book, the ancient, infinite codex of the past, present and future, tells of a prophecy that will plunge Kelanna in that bloody war, but it requires a boy—Archer—and Sefia will stop at nothing to ensure his safety. The Guard has already stolen her mother, her father, and her Aunt Nin. Sefia would sooner die than let them take anymore from her—especially the boy she loves.

But escaping the Guard and the Book's prophecy is no easy task. After all, what is written always comes to pass. As Sefia and Archer watch Kelanna start to crumble to the Guard's will, they will have to choose between their love and joining a war that just might tear them apart. [n.]

_________________________________________

I am a mess. I have loved this series since I picked up the first book and I waited patiently for the last book to come out. I tried so hard to read slower and to savor every moment but it still came to an end. Then my heart was crushed to little pieces. I had to put the book down just to cry - for the characters, the writing, and how everything reminded me of the pain of losing someone you love so much that it permanently leaves a gaping hole in your heart.

Words to Kelannans are breath on a glass, but if it is written, it will come to pass. Is your sight growing clearer, the closer you look?The Book is a world, for the world is a book.

Sefia and Archer  tried so hard to change what was written in The Book and they though they had the chance. But they were not completely given the chance to break away from what was written, to have a twist in their story. In the end all of them had to let the story unfold just like it was supposed to, but in the process they reached the end of the book and were allowed to write the continuation of their lives. It was just heartbreaking that Archer was destined to die and he did. I could feel Sefia's pain when she held Archer in that beach and when she mourned him. The were doomed from the beginning but loving each other was the best thing that they did for each other despite the little time they had.

There was a part in the book where Sefia was begging the reader to stop reading to save their lives. It felt like she was talking directly to me and I realized I wanted to stop but I also needed to keep reading to get closure in the end. 

There have only been a few books who have elicit strong emotion from me and this was one of them. It shook me to my core. The feeling of never giving up and to choose to spend even 5 more minutes with the one you love before completely losing them. This book spoke to my soul.  That is some magical writing right there.

I don't how long it's going to take before I can recover from this book. Or if I ever will. 



____________________________________________


Thank you for dropping by. Tell me what you think of the post. 
Click on the follow button to the right to get more awesome content.


Labels: , , , , , ,