Monthly Wrap-Up | January 2019 | A New Begginning


Well, I didn't expect this month to be so full of surprises. Talk about a new beginning, I am so excited with what has been going on and where my feet are taking me this year.


JANUARY READS


Ladies and gentlemen, I have been busy reading since midnight of January 1. While everyone was watching fireworks or stuffing their face full of Media Noche (New Year Feast), I started and finished my first book. I have had a lot of extra time to read and I am in reading heaven. It also helped that I have a list of most anticipated book because I know what to read next.



Reading Challenge Status


This years Goodreads reading challenge theme is some sort of dark purple color and I decided to have a lower goal that I can adjust if needed within the year. I am so proud to say that I am already 9 books ahead of schedule this time around.



TV Shows and Movies


I cannot believe I was able to squeeze in watching these during the times I was not reading. I blame it not going to work for one whole week (maybe two).





The Darkest Minds. I kept waiting for Ruby to give Zu the pink gloves. It did not happen. That was such an important detail in the book and it gets left out in the movie? I also remember the book being a lot more dark. I guess they had to tone it down for the younger audiences. I was disappointed though.

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms. Please don't ask my why i only saw this now. LOL. It was a cute movie though, perfect for kids. If this was a book I'd say I wanted a back story for Clara's mom and maybe a book 2 that show Clara going back and becoming queen to the realms. 

Tidying Up with Marie Kondo. This show intrigued me because of the "slight" over reaction from the book community of only keeping 30 books in the house. So I saw it and I am now a believer. Oh, I don't believe in throwing away books but in making sure that the things you have "Spark Joy" in you. If you think all your books do that then by all means keep them all. This led me to do some cleaning. Haha.

Insatiable. I've been passing up on this series for a while but then I saw like a short clip of it in Insta and I wanted to watch just the 1st episode. Well that did not end up as planned. I blinked and I was already at the last episode and I want to see season 2 now.

Titans. The last series I finished this month and I had the Cartoon Network Teen Titans in my head as reference. I knew they were not going to be teens so that was fine but dang did they make Starfire smoking hot. A lot of people were asking where Cyborg was. I googled it and some people said this series took on the comic book so in this timeline Cyborg was with a different team. ðŸĪ·â€â™€ïļ

Gabriel "Fluffy" Iglesia One Show Fits All. Been a fan of Fluffy since my Boo introduced his shows to me a few years ago and this show is hilarious. I love how he uses his reality for humor. His jokes and stories feel so genuine and relatable he incites laughter from a different level.

I wanted to watch Legacies and The Gifted but those aren't available in Netflix so might have to buy the DVD version to watch. Have you seen any of these shows? What did you think about them?



In Real Life


OMG I can't wait to tell you guys what I've been up to this month. It feels like I'm finally stepping up and owning where I want to take my life.





Whew! At the pace I am going, that has been a lot of changes in one month. I believe I am yet to gain my momentum. 2018 was my year but it was given to me on a regular paper plate. 2019 I am taking and owning and serving not just myself in a gold platter. ðŸ˜‰



____________________________________________

Thank you for dropping by. Tell me what you think of the post. 
Click on the follow button to the right to get more awesome content.


Labels: , , ,