THE FAIRY TALE BOOK TAG


I am liking these book tags this month, this is already my 2nd one and I have one scheduled for the 14th. I saw this book tag this morning and it was created by Adele of Dellybird. Make sure to head over to her blog and follow her too!


Fairy Tale Tag Rules

Answer as many questions as you can!
Tag five fairy tale lovers.
Please tag the creator.
Have fun!

The Questions


1 – Beauty and the Beast

“He’s no monster” – A character that makes mistakes but redeems themselves in the end.

Sefia of The Sea of the Ink and Gold Trilogy. She started out as the only reader in her world and then she fell in love. But the book she was reading was telling her of what is already written and what will come to pass. She has made one decision after another that resulted in the death of many, and even if the book already fortold those deaths she still believed she could change the future and made more mistakes. In the end, she finally learned how it was supposed to be and helped in making her world a place where they could write their own stories.




2 – Sleeping Beauty

“Once upon a dream” – A book that sent you to sleep.

I would have to say Courting Darkness by Robin LaFevers. It was supposed to have been book one in a new spin off and that I didn't need to read the original series to understand what was going on. Well, apparently that wasn't the case and I was just so bored in reading this book that I found myself dozing off a few times.  (This might be my mini review of that book..LOL)



3 – The Little Mermaid

“Nothing gave her greater pleasure than to hear about the world of human beings up above” – A book that excites you or is full of adventure.

I want to share one of the best Fantasy books that still excite me even after years of finishing the series. I also just discovered that there is 1 last book that I might not have read yet (the last one I read was in 2013), which makes me excited to buy and read the book. Yay! I feel as if I am the only one who actually knows this series - The Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica.



4 – Cinderella

“Perhaps the greatest risk any of us will ever take is to be seen as we really are” – A book where a character is mistreated.

Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth. This book is filled with so much brutality it's ridicoulous. I haven't read the second book yet but I hope there is a little less violence in it and maybe more adventure.



5 – Peter Pan

“Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away, and away means forgetting” – A book that you will never forget!

I will always choose The Chronicled of Narnia for a question like this. I love these books and I will never forget how they have been with me over and over again.




6 – The Ugly Duckling

“It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, for the most essential things are invisible to the eye” – A book or character that you love but others don’t see the same way.

When I discovered this book, there were a lot of mixed reviews - The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco. I have seen reviews where people said they didn't like how slow the story was or that it was confusing. Many even DNFed the book. But to me (and a lot of other people), this book is dazzling. That word building alone spoiled me for other books.




7 – The Princess and the Pea

“She had felt one pea all the way through twenty mattresses and twenty more feather beds” – A book or character that made you uncomfortable.

If I experience this from a book,  DNF it right away. I won't let myself feel uncomfortable and still push myself to finish the book. That's just not worth it.



8 – Little Red Riding Hood

“Oh Granny, what big teeth you have!” – A book or character that wasn’t what they seemed.

I will have to say, The Binding by Bridget Collins. I had such high hopes for that book with the magic and binding memories but it wasn't what it seemed or rather it wasn't what I expected and I was sorely disappointed. 



9 – Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

“I’ll take a chance for her” – A book with great friends.

The ACOTAR series by Sarah J. Maas. Rhysand, and eventually Feyre, had the bestest of friends - Mor, Cassian, Azriel, and Amren. Their whole relationship in the series was amazing. You won't be able to find anyone better than them.

Disclaimer: Art not mine. I found them at https://acourtofthornsandroses.fandom.com
Credit goes to the artists.


10 – Alice in Wonderland

“Who in the world am I? – A book about identity or a character who questions themselves.

Can I just say that this about every other book that I have read? I like reading Young Adult books, and one of the key elements of these books is that the characters are in their teens and they are on the rode to discovering who they are - hence they questions themselves, a lot.



Ahhhh....I loved answering this book tag! What did you guys think about my answer? I hope I was able to give you great book recommendations for your next read. 


____________________________________________

Thank you for dropping by. Tell me what you think of the post. 
Click on the follow button to the right to get more awesome content.




Labels: ,