The Mushy Gushy Book Tag

My Boo and I don't really celebrate Valentines. For starters there are too many people going out on dates, I am trying to swear off chocolate (or any sweets), and it's just such a commercialized "holiday" that it has lost it's meaning. I'm not being a Valentine Scrooge because I am still a hopeless romantic and I still feel it is a day for loved ones to go the extra mile for each other and it's not just you SO (Special Someone), it could also be family or friends. 

I saw this book tag in Youtube done by jessethereader (he did it back in 2016). Do follow him, I love how lively he does his booktube. đŸ˜ The original tag was created by SimplyABookLover.




1. VALENTINES: A BOOK WITH PINK, RED, AND WHITE ON THE COVER

I had a hard time looking through my books for one specific book that had all three colors on the cover but then I remembered one of the last books I read last week had them.


The shades on the cover shows mostly pinks and reds and I think the only thing that is white there is the New York Times Bestselling Author. I am so seriously still not over this book. And I highly recommend that you read the trilogy. 

If you are ok with spoilers and want to read my review of all three books just follow the links below.

The Reader
The Speaker
The Storyteller


2. SWEETHEARTS: A BOOK WITH THE BEST PICKUP LINE

You want the best pick-up line? This goes way past a pick-up line. The dialogues with get you hook, line, and sinker.



He said down the bond, I would have waited five hundred more years for you. A thousand years. And if this was all the time we were allowed to have... The wait was worth it. 

He wiped away the tears sliding down my face. "I believe that everything happened, exactly the way it had to... so I could find you." He kissed another tear away.” 
― Sarah J. Maas, A Court of Wings and Ruin

It's so cheesy but I want that kind of cheesy any time. LOL. Have any of you read this series? It's practically filled with cheesy Rhys and Feyre. 




3. CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES: FAVORITE BOOK COUPLE

Ok, so I just have to put it out there that I hate insta-romance (instant romance) and love triangles. It just really annoys me so much. But if we are talking couples I am thinking the ones I ship are Kaz Brekker and Inej Ghafa from Six of Crows (Six of Crows #1) by Leigh Bardugo.

Disclaimer: Official art by Kevin Wada Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr


4. ROSES: MOST ROMANTIC BOOK COUPLE

Not 100% sold on the romantic aspect but for this item I would go with America Singer and Maxon Schreave, most especially when they were older in the 4th and 5th books in The Selection Series -  The Heir and The Crown by Kiera Cass. [n.1] [n.2] You can really see how much they love each other outside of The Selection Contest. They had a real (or as real as it gets) fairytale ending. 

Though they we're mostly in the background, I loved them better as adults than the teens from books 1-3.



5. TEDDY BEAR: A BOOK THAT MAKES YOU WANT TO SNUGGLE WITH SOMEONE

You might wonder why I chose this book. Whenever I think of snuggles with my hubby I remember this book because I always read this to him. After I read some passages to him, we discuss it. That's what I love the best about him, he loves my mind just as much as I love his.

“You're beautiful, but you're empty...One couldn't die for you. Of course, an ordinary passerby would think my rose looked just like you. But my rose, all on her own, is more important than all of you together, since she's the one I've watered. Since she's the one I put under glass, since she's the one I sheltered behind the screen. Since she's the one for whom I killed the caterpillars (except the two or three butterflies). Since she's the one I listened to when she complained, or when she boasted, or even sometimes when she said nothing at all. Since she's my rose.” 
― Antoine de Saint-ExupĂ©ry, The Little Prince



6. CANDLE LIGHT DINNER: A BOOK THAT YOU’D TAKE OUT ON A DATE

It would probably be just a coffee date out - just chilling with no one judging. I'd probably take Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor. We'd be going to some random Starbucks where no one I know would go to and just sit in the corner with my favorite Iced Shaken Hibiscus Tea with Pomegranate Pearls.

“You’re a storyteller. Dream up something wild and improbable," she pleaded. "Something beautiful and full of monsters."

“Beautiful and full of monsters?"

“All the best stories are.” 
― Laini Taylor, Strange the Dreamer





7. PIZZA: BEST BOOK FOR SINGLE PEOPLE

This will be any book. It doesn't really matter if the book has romance in it or not. As long as you enjoy reading, I'd say go for it. And yes, you can include the pizza in the reading season. LOL.




Happy Valentines everyone and I hope you enjoyed my Valentine-ish book tag. Comment down below what you think of my answers.


____________________________________________

Thank you for dropping by. Tell me what you think of the post. 
Click on the follow button to the right to get more awesome content.


Labels: ,