Top Ten Tuesday | Inspirational/Thought-Provoking Book Quotes

It has been a while since I did a Top Ten Tuesday post. Come to think of it, I think the last one I did was from almost a year ago. LOL. I hope I won't take another year before I can post another one. For this post, I will be sharing my top 10 Inspirational or Thought-Provoking Book Quotes.


Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.



The first time I encountered this quote was in high school. I didn't know that it came from the book The Little Prince. This was a life changing quote to my teenage brain and I never forgot it until I read the book and understood this part in the entirety of the book itself.



This was one of the stand-out quotes I loved when I first read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Here, Dumbledore is telling Harry about the Mirror or Erised and how he can dream about his parents but it's not good to stay in the dream and not live at all. I always though this quote was very wise. Although I must say that holding on to dreams while we live isn't bad as well. It becomes our inspiration and motivation.



Humans have always feared their own flaws. Many see it as weakness or a way for other to take advantage of us. But if we truly understand and accept our flaws, it becomes power. Fear - of not being enough, or of not being better, will no longer hinder us from being who we were meant to be.



This quote broke my heart. It's painful to accept that we only have a certain amount of time with the people we love. However long we wish we could be with them, life happens. We could go our separate ways and see each other again in the future, or death could permanently give us only memories of that love. What we can do, is to love in the moment - to savor every minute. It is all that we have.



This quote supports my belief that Fairy Tales and Dragons exist, I just don't like that fact that it tells us that dragons can be beaten. I like dragons and I know for a fact that they are misunderstood creatures. Sometimes, instead of finding a way to beat them, what we can do is understand them.



C.S. Lewis wrote this to teach children through fairy tales that there is a higher power and when we believe we are made into Kings and Queens and we will always be Kings and Queens if we do not forget.



Another heartbreaking quote for me. When you have to be far from the person you love, you have to find ways to still be able to share things with them and keep that connection alive. This is true even if all the connection you have left are only memories.



I liked pondering this quote when I first read it in A Wrinkle in Time. It is true that Life has its rules and obligations, and it is often unfair. That should not stop us from writing our stories ourselves. We are given the a pen and the opportunity to re-write our paths at every turn.




We are given a list of impossible things to do everyday. We are also given the capability to live through the impossible - all we need is to dream.



Can I just say that the whole book is basically one quote after the other? LOL. But in all seriousness, this quote is so simple yet it tells us that even in simple things, we need to see it in extra ordinary ways.



There you have it my Bellas. I have gone the extra mile of doing each quote in it's own picture. I hope you enjoyed reading my mushy sentimentality in this post. ☺


____________________________________________

Thank you for dropping by. Tell me what you think of the post. 
Click on the follow button to the right to get more awesome content.








Labels: , ,