What's In My Bag 2019


I have been binging on What's in My Bag videos in Yutube for the past 3 days. I have seen celebrity bags, regular vlogger bags, and then I found this video by Stacey Mollus and I love how she has show us the inside of her bag in such a real, sweet, and funny way. I'm hooked. I hope she posts more videos.


I made a similar post 2 years ago when my blog was new and since I have a new bag I decided to show you what is currently inside it. Maybe I'll do this yearly.. Hhmmm... So below is the current bag that I have and what is typically inside it.


For the first timers in my blog, please note that my favorite color is purple. So you will see a lot of purple things inside my bag as well. 


The Bag. This is Lily sling bag from Bags in the City Manila and the original price of this baby was Php980|$18.80 (shipping not included) and I have had my eye on this bag for quite a while before I was able to buy it. In November of 2018, Bags in the City Manila had a "Black Friday-ish" type of sale and I was able to get this bag for Php735|$14.10 (shipping not included). It is made of high quality faux leatherette so no animals were harmed. I had to get it in purple of course. 😁 The bag comes with a detachable sling strap and flat zip pouch.  (Dimension: 11 x 10 x 6 inches | Handle drop: 5 inches)

I love that this bag is roomy, it doesn't have a zipper closure (it has a magnetic button closure...sorry no picture) and that it doesn't have any print whatsoever. I can also usually fit a small umbrella and my tumbler in this bag. (Yes, the umbrella and tumbler are also purple)


The Wallet. Yes, my wallet comes in purple as well. I got this Minorca Money Case from Beabi at the SM Mall of Asia in the Christmas of 2017. It wasn't on sale, despite it being the Christmas season. The wallet was sold for Php895|$ 17.18 (tax already included). I didn't open the wallet fully in the picture but it has 19 card slots, 1 ID card clear window, 2 zippered coin pockets, and it has an expandable magnetic flap closure. (Size: 18.5cm x 9.5cm x 2cm)

The wallet is not leather. It's actually more like a water resistant mesh material. I love how it has so many practical features  like card slots and coin pockets. Sometimes it could be too heavy for me though especially when I have all my cards in it or too many receipts stashed. I'm still thinking if i want a new purple wallet that's smaller.

** Picture on the wallet is of me and my son back in 2009 - younger and thinner. LOL.


I call this my Catch-All Pouch. The bigger black pouch I got from Bench/ back in 2007 and I already feature it in my first What's in My Bag post here. I don't remember how much I paid for it but I previously used it as my Kikay Kit. Now, it houses a smaller black pouch (freebie when I bought shampoo) with coins in it. The smaller pouch serves as a divider inside the big pouch and it is usually where I put my medicine (that I need to take 2 times a day), sometimes my pen, and also sometimes my small phone. I bring this pouch with me when I go out to lunch at work or when I just need to quickly go to the market or grocery.


This Mermaid Pouch is my new Kikay Kit. I got this from the SM Department Store Stationary Section. I think it was really made for kids as I had to snatch off the rack before this little girl could get it. **JOKE** I didn't have to snatch it. There was more than one in the rack. I think I got this for Php89|$1.71 (or something).

Inside my kit are my essentials:

Starbucks Travel Journal. I received this a gift from the hubby on by birthday in December and I have made it into a Bullet Journal (I'll see if I'm confident enough to post what I've done in the journal). The pouch also carries some Starbucks cards (one that came with the pouch and my hubby's card) and my work ID (because it keeps getting tangled underneath all the stuff i my bag). I chose this over their actual planner because I liked that it was a grid notebook. I didn't mind that they didn't come in purple. 

Miscellaneous:
  • Headphones with a purple organizer that I also received as a gift (it's also purple!)
  • Spring Gel pen with a purple cat.
What you don't see. I didn't want to dump all the other stuff in my bag like some vloggers (buuut I might do that in another 6 months if I feel like it). Since my bag does not have a zipper closer, I have actually discovered dead leaves in it once. I also forgot to show my small nail clipper that I use for emergency boo-boo (hangnail) removal. I have a purple hankie and a thin purple eco bag for emergencies. I can also fit a paperback or two inside my bag. I didn't have any (that I was reading) at the moment because I've been buying e-books.


I would like to congratulate myself for being productive today. I have written two blog posts - this and the one I scheduled for tomorrow (which I did first..haha). Both of them a non-book related posts too. What do you keep inside your regular bag? Do you have a more bookish bag than I do? 

P.S. I am on the hunt right now for a purple bag charm that would complement my bag. 

____________________________________________

Thank you for dropping by. Tell me what you think of the post. 
Click on the follow button to the right to get more awesome content.

Labels: , , , ,